Home»News»UAlbany dorm catches fire in early morning

UAlbany dorm catches fire in early morning

Pinterest Google+

By Russell J. Oliver



Late last night the University Police Department responded to a fire which took place in Oneida Hall on Indian Quad and was started by an unattended candle, according to the Times Union.

Students awoke when the automatic security sprinklers doused them awake around 12:45 a.m. The fire was active on the third floor of the building and was contained to a single room. Fire personal responded fast and the fire was extinguished by 1:10 a.m.

Only one student suffered from minor injuries and was taken to Albany Medical Center for treatment. Some 120 students had to be evacuated from the building because of the fire damage left the main campus building unlivable. Resident Life is arranging temporary living conditions for these students, as well as providing support and assisting the students in whatever they need.

According to the Times Union, students were back in their room by noon today, except for the suite where the fire was started. The University Police Department were not immediately available for comment.

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.